Job ID 60866BR Date posted 02/12/2018 City Pittsford State New York CountryUS
UTC Climate, Controls & Security (CCS) is a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
If you’re a current student or a recent graduate in Engineering or Computer Science you may be eligible for UTC Climate, Controls and Security’s New Graduate Hire Program. We are accepting applications for our 2018 program. The cohort starts in June and applicants must have received their degree prior to cohort start date. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas within the skills of the future- Cyber Security, Embedded Systems, Model Based Development, Software, Systems and UI Development. CCS’s New Graduate Hire Program provides a hands-on engineeringexperience in a supported, closely mentored cohort. Associates of the New Graduate Hire Program will obtain career development opportunities, exposure to leadership and will develop a strong professional network. The goal of the CCS New Graduate Hire Program is to help early career professionals become productive and successful engineers within the one year program.
UTC developers have a passion for writing object-oriented, reusable enterprise-level software used by well-known fortune 100 companies. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to create sleek, responsive, user-centric interfaces using current frameworks like React.js, we want to meet you. We are seeking an innovative, data driven, results-oriented Software Development Engineer to contribute to our growing development team.
The Software Development Engineer is responsible for the creation, enhancement, development, and maintenance of Windows-based software solutions that will shape the future of the security industry. This includes working with the latest technologies and on exciting applications like biometrics, smart cards, access control, ID management and digital video.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Engineering team focusing on sustaining and maintenance of our flagship security product. The candidate will become familiar with the product through hands-on troubleshooting and debugging complex product software issues that come from the Technical Support Group. The candidate will be required to join customer calls and present technical solutions and status updates to the end user customer. The candidate will be provided a career opportunity to advance within the Engineering team and join new product development and partner program support.
The responsibilities will include:
- Utilizing the latest C++ / C# techniques in code development
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, and debugging complex software problems from the field deployments
- Creating and implementing software design specifications
- Producing software documentation and functional test specifications
- Participating in the full life cycle of development from specification and design through implementation, testing and support.
- Working in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines, and staying on top of current technologies.
- Working tightly with the members of the Software Development, Technical Support, Development, Quality Assurance, and Product Management groups, as well as with end users as may be necessary
- Managing timely customer communication in collaboration with global Technical Support teams
- 1 – 3 years of software development experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming required (C++, C#/.NET, Java)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experience with development and troubleshooting in Windows, COM/ATL, crash dump analysis
- Experience with database concepts, SQL, SQL Server, Oracle, and Crystal Reports a plus
- Experience with Microsoft development tools, and web services
- Experience with Access Control technologies a plus
- Highly motivated, fast learner who works well both independently and within a team
- High aptitude for asking probing questions and solving technical issues
- Highly analytical and excellent problem solver
- Bachelor of Science or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering and experience in software development and/or engineering capacity with a GPA of 3.2 or higher.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.