As a Software Engineer within the Investment Group Technologies organization, you will build systems, services and tools that improve the lives of tens of millions of people every single day. In the Software Engineer role, you will develop front-end and back-end web application architecture and detailed designs utilizing AWS technologies. You will independently implement new features in a highly collaborative work environment alongside product managers, graphic designers, and fellow engineers.
You will help in identifying and solving ambiguous problems, share technical solutions and product ideas through team planning, design review, pair programming, code review and technical discussions.You will Influence your team’s technical decisions by making insightful contributions to team priorities and make software enhancements that improve team software and processes.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc…)
- Willingness and ability to own all stages of the development process: design, testing, implementation, operational support.
- Conversant with current technologies applied in the fields of machine learning, data science, NLP and/or AI preferred
- Experience with AWS services (S3, containers – ECS & EKS, ElasticSearch, Lambda) AWS technologies such as Lambda, API Gateway, RDS, DynamoDB, S3, Glue, Airflow, Firehose, EMR, EKS/ECS.
- Write unit test and integration (e2e) test scripts and debug code to fix issues.
Your background and who you are:
- You have a background in data and software engineering and a passion to learn.
- You've made mistakes in the past and have learned a lot from them. You apply this learning regularly.
- You believe there are generally multiple ways to solve a technical problem, each with different trade-offs.
- You approach projects, tasks, and unknowns with curiosity, and enjoy sharing what you know and what you learn with the people around you.
- You believe that a team is strongest when it is diverse and includes multiple perspectives.