$80K — $100K *
Amazon People Engine (APE) is looking to de personalize critical employee personal data. In the process, the team is building out a software ecosystem and configuring Amazon’s business processes to allow us to comply with GDPR. We are looking for an experienced SDET that will build/support the ecosystem and configuration needed to implement and scale Amazon’s workforce while maintaining and improving our service to employees. Our ideal team members thrive in a rapidly changing environment, relish finding and stretching system limits, enjoy the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all else, are passionate builders of consistent, scalable, and maintainable automation frameworks and tools.
You are willing to insist on the highest standards for quality, maintainability, performance, and user experience. You will define and evolve the teams’ methodologies for updating configuration and integrations at a fast pace with no user disruptions. You will own the goals and roadmap of our implementation to meet the needs of Amazon’s global workforce. You will demonstrate strong leadership as you control your own destiny in Amazon's ownership-oriented culture.
Amazon People Engine QA is not about the job of "adding test cases," but about creating a scalable quality infrastructure into which all engineers contribute. Since you recognize that software created for automation is still software, you'll ensure your team follows standard development process, from requirements through release.
We're looking for SDETs who are hungry to build things from scratch, leverage existing solutions, and who can bring next-generation test automation technologies into a fresh new space. We're looking to move fast; our SDETs will implement test frameworks and pipelines, then train up Dev teams in their care and maintenance so that continuous quality can be self-sustaining. SDETs will implement automatic data collection for use in live quality dashboards. Want a challenge where you can Think Big? You'll be able to engage with multiple internal teams on collaborative automation solutions, helping Amazon People Engine drive toward seamless, trustworthy employee data integrations. Be a key part of delivering a great user experience to Amazon employees.
· Project test plan creation and execution.
· Gathering and reporting relevant and actionable metrics.
· Enforcing, auditing, and streamlining software test and delivery processes.
· Collaborating with dev teams and your team peers to identify and prioritize opportunities for automation.
· Building and debugging automation
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 1+ years relevant work experience
· Demonstrated strong coding and design proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C# or C++
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
· Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and spoken communication
· Experience with source control / configuration management tools (e.g. Git)
· Experience developing software using IDE in a Linux environment
· Experience designing and developing automation test frameworks and tools in Java or C#/C++, or equivalent experience
· Experience with standard QA tools and practices, such as functional API testing, integration testing, and UI functionality and usability testing, with a passion for automation
· Experience testing in a service-oriented architecture
· Familiarity with Java unit-testing frameworks
· Competency in database technology – relational and non-relational databases
Valid through: 11/12/2020