Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived, wondered how it got to you so fast? Wondered where it came from and how much it cost Amazon? If so, the Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) organization is for you. Watch this video to learn more about SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
We are the Optimal Sourcing (OSS) team within SCOT and we are hiring! We decide what, when, where, from whom, and how much we should buy to make our customers happy. We do this for millions of items, for hundreds of product lines worth billions of dollars of inventory world-wide. Our systems are built entirely in-house, and are on the cutting edge of automated large scale supply chain planning and optimization technologies. We foster new game-changing ideas that we continuously improve, creating sophisticated, intelligent and self-learning models. We are unique in that we simultaneously develop the science of supply chain planning and solve some of the toughest computational challenges at Amazon. Unlike many companies who buy existing off-the-shelf planning systems, we are responsible for studying, designing, and building systems customized to our needs.
This position is in the Specialized Buying team, which is part of the broader OSS team, in New York City. We create and develop innovative solutions for the most challenging use cases confronting SCOT today. We own the systems which are critical for managing inventory in Amazon's network for retail customers to purchase on Amazon.com. These systems cover a broad range of solutions including front-ends, workflows, advanced mathematical models, data platforms, Machine Learning (ML) models, and various AWS technologies. This opportunity is perfect for highly motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving key aspects of the customer experience on Amazon.com.
Key job responsibilities
We're looking for an experienced, results-oriented Software Development Engineer capable of building scalable software solutions for Inventory buying systems for Amazon. The ideal candidate would work with other engineers, product managers, and research scientists to build end-to-end solutions, solving complex business problems at the scale only available at Amazon. Here, you can take your skills to a new level as you work with the most cutting-edge technologies in order to deliver solutions that will positively impact all Amazon customers.
If you're excited by cloud computing, and designing highly scalable, fault tolerant systems, and want to be challenged by the computer science problems, then join us.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
• Knowledge of computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
• Experience with Relational or NoSQL databases
• Experience with front-end development
• Passion for performance-tuning and benchmarking
• Familiarity with statistical models and data-mining algorithms
• Experience with high throughput, 24x7 systems
• Passion for improving coding standards, test coverage, quality and automation
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Valid through: 1/30/2022