Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead in developing complex applications based upon technical and functional specifications
- Assisting in the development of and adhering to technical and functional standards
- Under limited direction, research, define, & complete required additions and changes to financial software products
- Under limited direction, analyze technical specifications for both creation of new or enhancing existing applications for compatibility with other systems
- Participate in strategic planning sessions and technical discussions and demonstrate the ability to assist in translating ideas into technical designs
- Interact with external, as well as, internal clients for the purpose of data gathering, assisting with design, and ensuring development of solutions that meet or exceed client expectations
- Performs other duties as required
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelors degreepreferred.
Job Related Experience:
- Minimum 6 years of software development/engineeringexperience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong communication skills, and a motivation to achieve best-in-class results.
- Superior knowledge of programming (i.e. program design, flowcharting, coding, testing, debugging, etc ).
- Superior knowledge of how to document program design, coding, and maintenance.
- Superior understanding of how critical project completion is to client satisfaction.
- Strong knowledge of the relationship between software and hardware interaction.
- The ability to interact with external and internal clients for the purpose of data gathering and design initiation.
- Strong writing skills are required.
- Strong leadership skills are required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft® Word & Excel
- Extensive knowledge of Core Banking products
- Financial industry interest and experience
- Experience with COBOL, Progress, or Enterprise Server Development
- The position is based out of Lincoln, NE. The travel requirements will be minimal. However, there may be business needs for travel (to client locations and other Fiserv locations). Some flexibility is expected.
Job ID R-10083068