Hungry? Ordering food just got easier with the introduction of Amazon Restaurants! Amazon Restaurants enables customers to order meals from top rated restaurants in their area. The Amazon Restaurants business offers an entrepreneurial environment where innovating independently, launching quickly and having fun are paramount. Come cook up something great with us!
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to help take Amazon Restaurants to the next level. As a Software Development Engineer on the team you will own significant portions of the product and will have significant influence on our strategy by helping define the next wave of product features and system architecture. The systems are complex and there are huge opportunities to work at all levels from front end user experience, to a set of robust platform services. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and is passionate about building quality software. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are essential.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track record of success delivering new features or products. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. He or she has strong design and implementation experience, strong knowledge of web services and protocols, and an in-depth knowledge of distributed systems architectures.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 3+ years professional experience in software development
· Fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++
· Experience building large-scale web services
· Experience building apps for iOS and/or Android
· Ability to comfortably work in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.