About the Role
Chime Quality Engineering develops scalable tools and infrastructure that help our engineers create, test, debug and release software with high throughput. We continually improve our tooling and infrastructure so that engineers receive feedback on changes as close to each keypress as possible. We are champions for code health, testability, maintainability and best practices for development and testing.
Chime Quality Engineering is working on three major challenges.
- We're scaling the team rapidly and we need to invest in our tooling and infrastructure to ensure engineers are empowered to do their best work.
- As a bank we are deeply integrated with 3rd party systems. As a result we need to invest in tooling so we can simulate our integrations with 3rd party systems in our development and test environments.
- We need to make it as easy as possible for developers to add and maintain test automation so we can ensure coverage keeps up with the complexity of our system.
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity
- Develop and maintain metrics used to measure our member experience and the quality of release candidates
- Design and build advanced automated build, test and release infrastructure
- Design and build 3rd party simulators to ensure our development and test environments sufficiently represent production
- Design a load testing strategy and build required infrastructure
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for testability
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- 3-5 years of experience in at least one of the following: Tool development, build infrastructure, optimizing software, debugging, and test framework development
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Scripting skills in Python, Perl, Shell or another common language