Software Development Engineer - Presence and Commerce
5 - 7 years experience • Online Advertising & Marketing Services
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 73 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
As a full-stack engineer, your duties will involve heavy client-side development, complex backend operations, server-side API development and integration efforts. You will work with our remote team of Developers, Product Owners, UX and UI designers to build and scale a greenfield application. This team is responsible for building a world-class offering which provides contact management and email marketing solutions to small business owners, which includes user-facing features and deep vertical integrations with other products in the suite as well as third party products.
We use Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Redis, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, React, and Redux. Experience with Rails and React is required. As part of the team you will be responsible for producing high quality, test driven code to meet and exceed product requirements.
- Participate in all stages of the software development process
- Work in an agile Scrum team and participate in all ceremonies
- Write excellent, performant code and associated tests
- Work on both front and back-end code and also database schema design
- Continuously improve application performance, page load times and server response times
- 4+ years developing web applications, using a framework like Rails
- 2+ years working with React
- Experienced with CSS
- Passion for building great user interfaces
- Experience with Cassandra and/or ElasticSearch is a bonus
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Familiarity with Scrum ceremonies and experience working on a remote software team
- Experienced with Git and GitHub
- Team player, ability to teach as well as learn.
Job ID R000704