ON Semiconductor is seeking a self-driven and motivated professional to join their Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) team, located in South Portland, Maine. As a CIM Engineer, you will have the opportunity to participate as a team member in the analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation of new systems, enhancements to existing systems, and production support for systems with varying complexity. This role involves working closely with business partners and other IT team members to provide innovative solutions to the unique requirements of semiconductor manufacturing.
- Takes ownership of product subcomponents including functional specification, design, implementation of software applications;
- Participate in the design and specification process, encouraging high level software design and coding standards;
- Complete all assigned tasks accurately and on time;
- Provide appropriate project feedback to management in a timely and appropriate format;
- Work with department engineers to ensure successful development and delivery of overall product;
- Review work requirements and provide development time estimates for project management purposes;
- Debugging and fixing of defects for Windows, Linux and web platforms;
- Administration time for meetings, e-mails, documentation or other duties as required;
- Prioritize own work load and tasks and give guidance to others as required;
- Supports UAT. Participates on test data setup for unit and performance (load, stress) testing;
- Provides technical (L1) support for CIM production related system issues and elevate as needed;
- Monitors application stability, performance and availability. Promptly resolves operations issues.
Knowledge and Expertise:
- Bachelors degree in related field.
- Familiarity with various programming languages and environments such as the Microsoft .NET framework or Java frameworks. Optional experience with PHP, C and PERL.
- Familiarity of relational databases.
- Familiarity of Windows, UNIX and/or Linux operating system.
- Applied math or statistics background preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to interface effectively with a variety of personalities.