About the role
Every year, millions of homeowners sell their homes. It’s a complicated process with an uncertain timeline and many sellers wish it were simpler. Our team is relentlessly focused on doing just that. The mission is to make home selling quick and easy, and we are at the center of Zillow’s efforts to build groundbreaking products that will be the future of home selling.
You will be joining a passionate team of developers who are building Zillow Instant Offers, a new home-selling option we're testing in several markets. We believe in autonomy and moving fast, so self-motivation and the desire to blaze trails is a must-have for this role. As a development engineer on this team you will:
- Develop scalable, bulletproof back back-end services to support delightful, novel user experiences on the Zillow website and mobile apps.
- Champion consumer empowerment with a real passion for excellent product.
- Work with highly accomplished teammates and craft your own path to achieving your career goals
- Be involved at all stages of application development, from UI design and application architecture through test automation and live site monitoring
- Enjoy a great work-life balance; frequent, high quality releases with no pager duty.
- Work at one of Seattle’s most highly-rated workplaces, enjoying the best of both worlds between a large company (stability) and a small startup (growth potential).
About the team
Ours is tight-knit group with deep experience across the stack. We are a very collaborative team, so if you want to pair program or you need another set of eyes on your pull request, someone will always be there to help you out. While we are always looking for new ways to innovate, our current code base is a mix of:
- React and Redux on the front-end
- Java and Python on the back-end
- SQL and No-SQL persistence
In addition to working in areas of the above, part of your role on our team will be identifying new tools and technologies that will help us improve our architecture and move more quickly. If this sounds exciting to you, consider joining us!
- A college degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least two years of full-time experience programming in Java, C#, Python, or other object-oriented languages.
- Experience developing scalable back-end services. AWS and distributed systems is a plus.
- Databaseexperience a plus, either relational or in-memory
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent changes
- Leadership qualities like a sense of ownership, strong interpersonal skills, creativity, initiative, attention to detail, and consistently delivering results.
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.