We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join Tune’s small, successful HasOffers Measurement team. One of the most established engineering groups at TUNE, Measurement builds and maintains the mission critical systems which handle all global, real-time event measurement and business rule enforcement at HasOffers. These high-volume, high-velocity, high-throughput systems are interesting and challenging, and we're looking for the right person to help us retain our top spot in an ever evolving market.
Our system handles tens of billions of events per month. The ideal candidate has a strong history of working on large, distributed systems that deliver predictable performance worldwide, scaling with minimal pain. Have an interesting project on Github? We'd love to see it.
Learn about what it's like tobe an engineer at TUNE and check out our annual internal development retreat,Geeks in the Woods.
You'll be responsible for...
- Building solutions serving and managing high volume, low-latency ad traffic.
- Solving hard concurrency and distributed programming problems.
- Writing elegant, performant code in a highly available, distributed environment.
- Analyzing and optimizing existing code with an eye towards scalability and robustness.
- Helping shape our future high performance computing architecture.
- Participating in our on-call rotation, along with the rest of our engineers. Though our engineers are occasionally on-call, we're committed to both a healthy work-life balance and to addressing technical debt to keep our nights and weekends worry-free.
What you'll need...
- Computer Science or relevant math/science academic background (or truly great experience).
- Industry proven software engineering experience (over 3years of professional experience) with a focus on parallel processing, distributing systems, and large sets of complex data.
- Expertise working with programming languages such as C++, Go, Python or Java.
- Ability to actively diagnose and contribute to tuning and optimizing our software and systems implementations.
- Experience building scalable and maintainable solutions on AWS or other cloud providers.
- Must be comfortable with backend programming as well as working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Extensive knowledge of common design patterns, and how and when to apply them.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work professionally with teams.
Nice to have:
- Expertise or interest in at least one functional language.