Interested in Machine Learning? How about Amazon Echo, Speech and Language Understanding, or Computer Vision? We’re building the machine learning platform behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a member of the Alexa Machine Learning Data Platform team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core infrastructure and platform features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define direction, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products.
A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems.
This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. Machine learning background is not necessary but a strong nice-to-have.
Responsible for designing, developing, documenting, testing, and maintaining key system features
Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility.
Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
· 5+ years professional experience in software development
· Proficiency in a modern programming language like Java, Python, C#, Ruby, C, Objective C, or C++
· Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
· Experience developing cloud and distributed software services and an understanding of design for security, availability, and performance.
· Development experience defining, developing, and maintaining REST based interfaces.
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Proven results and a history of project delivery
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work well with a diverse team
Job ID: 662229