Industry: Online Advertising & Marketing Services•
Not Specified years
Posted 265 days ago
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 73 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
We are looking for engineers to join the Ceph and Storage Engineering team. In this role, you would be engineering and deploying the latest storage technologies to enable object, block, and file workloads for our internal applications and private cloud. If you have strong dev/ops skills, love to solve complex and challenging problems, and want to participate in some of the most exciting open source projects, we want to hear from you!
What does the job entail?
- Help GoDaddy engineer, deploy, and maintain the next generation of storage technologies to support our applications and private cloud
- Participate in agile concepts such as daily stand-up meetings, task tracking boards, design and code reviews, automated testing, continuous integration and deployment
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure that their assets are delivered quickly and with the highest quality
Do you have what it takes?
- BS or Master's degree in CS/CE or equivalent work experience
- Passion to develop high-quality and extraordinary solutions to real complex distributed-computing problems
- Experience in developing RESTful API and services
- Experience with using Load Balancers and reverse proxy technologies (Nginx, or similar)
- Excellent Linux administration skills and understanding of system performance areas (memory, swap, disk, i/o, network i/o, etc.)
- Experience with cloud computing environments and applications (AWS, GCP)
- Programming proficiency in high level languages such as Python
- Knowledge in relational databases (MySQL, or similar) and data stores (Redis, or similar)
- Experience with source control systems (GIT) and software development disciplines
- Effective system design and problem solving skills
- Deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization techniques
- Willingness to work in a dynamic agile environment and participate in all aspects of our agile process
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility, team spirit, and positive approach
- Experience with object, block, or file (NFS) storage required
- Experience with enterprise storage solutions desired (NetApp, Nexenta, 3PAR, EMC Isilon & Data Domain, Ceph)
- Experience deploying large Ceph clusters and working knowledge of Ceph RGW, RBD, and CephFS are required.
Job ID R001198