What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Telematics is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test to help us drive automation throughout the organization.
- Automate the delivery of QA test results and metrics so that anyone in the company can see current status.
- Work closely with the Business Analysts and Developers to review requirements and system designs and plan for automated testing.
- Design and automate QA tests, for use by QA and development staff. This may include:
- Web service testing
- Web service virtualization
- Unit testing
- Database testing
- Web testing
- Load Testing
- Partner with the Development teams on defect resolution.
- Motivated individual who has the willingness and ability to learn quickly and take ownership of the applications.
- Strong Selenium and Oracle skills are a must.
- Ability to read/write code down to a white box level and provide clear root cause and suggestions to Dev.
- Component based testing and web service response simulation.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with On and Offshore teams to gather and understand requirements.
- Work with On and Offshore teams to design, develop, review test cases and test automation.
- Maintenance / troubleshooting of the automation and applicable technologies and frameworks.
What we’re looking for...
- Automation: Selenium, Cucumber, BPT, Service Test, Service Virtualization, CA Lisa, Python
- OS: Linux, Windows
- Coding languages: Java, Python, Shell
- Oracle Apps: Siebel, BRM, AIA/SOA, OSM
- Web services: SOAP, REST/JSON
- Database: Oracle, MySQL
- Code Management: Jenkins, SVN
- Defect Management: Jira, ALM
- Experience testing hardware, firmware, and cellular or wireless devices
- Proven analytical skills
- Knowledge of business process development and improvement
- Experience with UFT, Java, and Selenium Webdriver
- B.S. or B.A. & 4+ years of experience
Ideal candidate for this position:
- Will be determined and committed to perform at highest quality and excellence. Will have a laser-sharp focus on goal of on-time and zero-defect delivery.
- Will be highly energetic and will strongly believe in on-going learning in order to optimally exploit his/her potential at workplace. Will constantly work towards being the best and to succeed at current assignment/project.
- Will be entrepreneurial and will successfully challenge existing paradigms. Will have a vision and will think expansively and outside the box to consistently generate and evaluate highly innovative ideas and solutions.
- Will be willing to take risks, will anticipate the consequences of decisions and will generate plans to address them. Will be willing to go against the grain, will have courage to take calculated risks and will have the ability to present his/her point of view in a positive and effective manner.
- Will take personal responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction. Will take customer perspective and will proactively work to address the customer’s current problem and future requirements. Will anticipate and successfully fulfill customer expectations.
- Will have the ability to effectively leverage diverse resources. Will work hard to foster positive relationships and will develop win-win solutions when conflicts arise. Will build relationship by making self highly approachable, will seek input from others and will actively listen to concerns and alternate points of view, will make others feel valued and supported.