Software Development Engineer in Test
Sunquest Information Systems Inc. provides laboratory information systems to more than 1,700 laboratories. Since 1979, we have helped laboratories across the world optimize financial results, improve efficiency and the quality of patient care. With our solutions, we make healthcare smarter and patients safer. We use industry knowledge and focus to develop solutions and services that meet the changing needs of our customers and the marketplace. We combine this vision with the dream to make our company a great place to work. From our smart casual dress policy to our flexible work schedules, Sunquest promotes a balance of life for all of our employees. We place emphasis on training plans for new and current staff, encourage promotion from within, and promote work on special projects and involvement with multi-functional teams. These activities foster a culture of professional growth and development for our employees to achieve their professional goals and reach their full potential.
- Work within the Agile project team to estimate, craft, design, analyze, and test healthcare software applications
- Ensure technical and domain accuracy of content through close collaboration with domain experts
- Analyze defects, perform root cause analysis and collaborate to resolve and has flexibility to take on blended roles across the Agile team
- Research new technology and tools to remain informed of current trends and participate in geographically distributed team projects
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented development principles and functional knowledge of relational and/or non-relational databases
- Solid development skills and overall understanding of software development methodologies
- Understanding of user-centered design processes and most standard methodologies in code management
- Quickly and easily assimilate new product knowledge and accurately estimate task durations and complete work projects as scheduled
- Clear, effective verbal and written communication skills
Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
- Solid experience in software development process, software design and development tools
- 4 years solid experience solving problems and resolving client related issues in regards to code used on front end and back end development
- Working experience with software testing and quality assurance methodologies
- Familiarity with Agile development processes, SCRUM, and project tracking
- Experience in the healthcare industry preferred
Work is performed in an office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards; substantial time is spent working on a computer. No special physical demands required. Some travel may be required.
Sunquest’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Applicants for U.S. based positions with Sunquest Information Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.