Do you have a passion for test-driven development and automation? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.
- Owns building and setting up Test Automation frameworks to test PlayStation console features.
- Drives testing of complex projects across multiple-teams and disciplines. Evaluates gaps in Testing and drives solutions to write high quality automation to increase Test coverage.
- Partners with developers to ensure test coverage and builds test plans that help deliver high quality features
- Writes automation scripts for features with key characteristics of stability and maintainability which prevents regressions in the product code.
- Works effectively to build automation infrastructure to create CI Pipelines, enable automation runs, develop visualization tools and evangelize them with various QA teams.
- Passionate about Quality and strives to improves process, proposes best practices and drives their usage within the teams.
- Mentors the team members and provides technical leadership by reviewing test plans, automation scripts, and provides actionable feedback.
- Communicates on testing strategy, technical subjects related to testing frameworks, and collaborates effectively with the globally distributed teams to achieve the business goals.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- At least four years or equivalent experience in UI automation for web applications
- Experience with version control solutions (both centralized and distributed)
- Experience writing command-line scripts using either Node.js or similar
- Experience developing or testing a mobiles devices
- Experience with at least one modern web application framework such as Angular/Ember.js/React
- Experience with Selenium or Appium
- Experience with asynchronous programming and Promises
- Experience creating testing frameworks
- Experience writing code in Python
- Familiar with the Page Object Pattern
- Experience with configuring CI pipelines such as Jenkins
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can do attitude; yet challenges status quo
- Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethic
- Able to work quickly and productively in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for robust code
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.