Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 75 days ago
CGI is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join the team in Bloomfield, CT.
We are looking for an individual that has technical mindset and has the ability to learn new technology and how it will impact the industry. Someone who can develop, implement and maintain automation frameworks, strong Linux skill set with exposure to Ansible, Docker and Openshift. Need expert development knowledge in Selenium including experience with Selenium grid and distributed testing. You will work closely with Software Developers, DevOps engineers and other quality engineers in scrum teams to deliver the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner.
You will work closely with Software Developers and DevOps engineers in scrum teams to deliver the Test Automation solutions to the teams. This is not a Quality Engineer position. We are looking for Software development engineer.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Drive automation pyramid and integrate with CI/CD tools for continuous validation.
• Drive the mentality of quality being owned by the entire team.
• Understands when to automate and when not to.
• Can identify code smells and work with scrum team to address quality issues in product code.
• Passion for finding bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code through the use of automation tools.
• Passion for continuing education and improving code quality.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Hands on experience on developing Test automation frameworks
• Demonstrated experience in implementing or expanding frameworks such as Selenium Cucumber, TestNG, JUnit, Rest Assured, JBehave or similar
• Hands on experience on test script development using JAVA or Ruby and automation on multiple platforms.
• Good understanding and usage of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
• Strong Linux skill set with exposure to Ansible, Docker & Openshift
• Hands on experience in Jenkins & setting up pipelines
• Experience scaling and expanding existing automation frameworks built for Web Applications, Middleware and Backend, Desktop and Mainframe applications.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills to perform root cause analysis of complex issues
• Ability to quickly grasp new technologies and tools.
• Demonstrated experience in tools such as FitNesse, Selenium WebDriver, HP UFT, Gitlab, DevTest, ReadyAPI, Jenkins, Gatling, TestComplete or similar open source tools
• Demonstrated experience in database technologies such as MSSQL, Oracle, MongoDB or similar.
• Building testing environments on demand through cloud technologies desired
• 5+ years of experience in at least one programming language like Java EE, .NET, Ruby
• Good understanding of automation and development techniques
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of OS and Database engine internals are a plus.
• Knowledge of Mainframe applications is a plus
• Knowledge of Agile methodology is a plus
• Expertise with DevOps and Test Automation
• Innate ability to leverage data to drive decisions
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Master's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science..