Alianza is on a mission to be the world’s best cloud-based telecommunications platform for service providers. We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to develop and execute automated tests that will validate functionalities, improve system integration efficiency and performance, and protect our customers from bugs and outages.
- You take personal ownership seriously and drive excellent outcomes for your team and all stakeholders. You strive to become a master of your craft and to build the best software. You enjoy providing technical leadership and mentoring. You make your team and the organization stronger through collaboration and effective communication.
- You value continual improvement at all levels: personally, as a team, as a software platform, and as an organization. It doesn’t matter to you where the best ideas come from or how they evolve into solutions through innovation and collaboration. You value being agile much more than doing agile. If bugs escape, you treat them as a learning opportunity for you and the team.
- You are candid and objective in your interactions with your colleagues. You give and accept feedback that benefits individuals, teams, the organization, and ultimately customers. You also understand the benefits of code reviews and can give and receive them graciously.
- You keep the customer experience in mind in all that you do. You value quality and employ best practices to deliver correct solutions that are maintainable and reliable without being over-engineered. You are willing to take part in an on-call rotation.
- When challenged you rally, double down, and create willing outcomes.
- BS degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience successfully designing, developing, and implementing test automation frameworks.
- Experience with various types of automation testing (UI, Performance/Load, Smoke, API, Regression).
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills with strong technical aptitude
- Team player with strong collaboration and engagement skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with changing priorities and meet concurrent deadlines.
- Experience in or knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and continuous integration/continuous delivery systems.
- Java SE 8+ (11 preferred)
- Apache Maven
- VOIP, Freeswitch, SIP, RTP, Wireshark, Sngrep, OCOM, VoipMon
- Cypress, Guava, Guice, Junit 4 & 5, Mockito
- SQL and/or NoSQL databases (Cassandra, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Event based architecture and message brokers (RabbitMQ, SNS/SQS, Kinesis Streams)
- IaaS and PaaS (AWS)
- Git and Github
- Docker and container orchestration