Our New Product Development engineering team is looking for a highly motivated Software Development Engineer in Test to build out test automation framework for our next generation of connected smart home products.
You will be a key member in our collaborative engineering team, responsible for owning and ensuring the quality of the software throughout the development process.
The nature of the position requires the candidate to have a quality mindset, aptitude for trying out new technologies, technical acumen to connect dots, along with a drive to make a difference.
- Partner with engineers to build the tools and infrastructure to ensure our production code is thoroughly tested to the highest standards
- Partner with team members to ensure we are building testable applications
- Collaborate across geographically dispersed teams to drive development of test automation frameworks and other tools
- Assist other engineers in stabilizing our code, build and deployments
- Create and modify our automated tests by using our frameworks
- Maintain and contribute to development of test stubs, tools to enhance manual test execution
- Promote quality within all aspects of development by actively participating in requirements gathering, technical design reviews, etc.
- Assist in code releases
- Assist any member on the team to meet our commitments
- Make process and systems improvement recommendations to assist the business in achieving its goals and objectives
- Seek to understand our industry to become a stronger partner in the team
- Participate in continuous integration, recommending approach and technologyinfrastructure and tools
- Closely interacts with engineering teams, test teams, customer support teams, and factory.
- Observe and contribute to best practices
- Zealous about high quality, high interaction consumer product. Advocate for the end user
- Relevant experience in automation development in Ruby, Java or an equivalent Object Oriented language is a must. IOT/Wifi or BLE connected device testing experience a big plus.
- Experience testing mobile applications is a must, including automated mobile app test tools
- Experience with modern data stores
- Experience with Git/GitHub
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Exposure to modern web development practices (REST, etc.)
- Experience in engineering and employing best practices for unit, functional and non-functional testing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically: up to 10%.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent