Work closely with developers, product managers, IT operations, and quality assurance teams to build and execute automated test scripts. Our teams work on UI (web, mobile, and desktop) and web service automation, build customized testing tools to meet project needs, and play an integral role with other teams on test automation and continuous integration.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Build test automation suites, as well as play a part in maintaining our existing suite of automated tests to be used by development and manual test engineers.
- Build test libraries to increase code re-usablity and reduce the development time by using Groovy and Java related technologies.
- Analyze user requirements and product architecture to derive testing requirements.
- Build, execute, and debug automated functional and back-end tests.
- Build custom reports like PDF, Junit HTML, Excel/CSV as per the requirements.
- Diagnose problems and report bugs and enhancements to Development.
- Ensure efficient and stable builds in contentious integration environment.
- Work with development and functional QA teams to make decisions around what to automate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 4 years of software development experience.
- 3 years of experience in software quality assurance practice.
- Proficiency with OO programming and concepts.
- Proficiency in building custom reports like PDF, Junit HTML, Excel/CSV.
- 1 year of experience in all of the following:
- Test automation tools as well as deployment tools, such as uDeploy, Jenkins;
- AWS S3 and handling event-based lambda functions;
- Any of the Databases Oracle, DB2 or SQL Server.
- Proficiency in building custom libraries using Java and Groovy.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer. #LI-DNI