Akamai’s Media Streaming team is looking for an experienced, self-motivated, highly productive Software Development Engineer in Test who will be testing and verifying the core features of the media streaming distributed servers within the Akamai Cloud.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test you will:
* Develop test cases based on feature design requirements and code changes.
* Work on an Agile team collaborating closely with Development
* Drive test efforts for major releases or within Agile sprints
* Automate test cases using Python, Perl, or similar object oriented scripting language.
* Investigate and analyze root causes of technical issues and document found software defects.
* Verify and validate the media streaming components using white-box, black-box, and performance testing techniques.
* Collaborate with team members on testing activities.
* Produce testing time estimates for assigned features.
* Track and report testing status.
About the Team
The candidate will be part of the highly skilled Media Streaming engineering team that's responsible for developing and testing the streaming components of Akamai's world-wide network, one of the largest distributed systems in the world. This team uses agile development to build and test state-of-the-art HD media streaming services for both Live and On-demand video, and develops and maintains automated testing of it’s features. Our software integrates and supports industry leading streaming technologies and provides a video streaming platform for the world’s leading content providers.
Required Education and Experience:
* 2 years of relevant experience and a Bachelors degree or
* Relevant experience and a Masters degree or PhD
* 2+ years as a QA engineer working with server and network related technologies
* 2+ years working in automated test environments
* 2+ years programming/scripting in at least one language (Python, C++, Java, Perl, etc.)
* 2+ years of hands-on experience working in Unix/Linux.
* 2+ years working with networking concepts and web technologies such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP.
* 1 year working with Agile methodologies on one or more projects.
* Education: Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
* Domain knowledge in the area of HTTP web services and internet technology.
* Experience programming in Python.
* Experience working with media streaming and encoding technologies such as Flash/RTMP, HTTP Streaming (HLS, DASH, HDS, Smooth Streaming), and encoding technologies (H.264/AAC, VC1, VP6).
* Excellent test case architecting skills. Must be able to review specifications and design very thorough test coverage.
* Highly responsible, self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision.
* Passion to learn and dissect new technologies quickly on your own.