A Software Development Engineer in Test to partner with the development and quality teams.
Your Area of Focus
- Be a quality-focused engineer who implements and evangelizes quality mechanisms, mindset, and thought leadership throughout Kareo's software development lifecycle.
- Work closely with developers, stakeholders, and product managers to evaluate, analyze, and verify functional, security, and performance, and system requirements.
- Define test methods, strategies, and plans to ensure that the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements.
- Evaluate and communicate tradeoffs in quality mechanisms and overall potential impact to the customer.
- Actively participate in code and design reviews with developers and product management to identify risks, mitigations, and potential impacts to quality.
- Partner with the developers to ensure that development estimates are inclusive of quality mechanisms.
- Be a quality evangelist to quality thought leadership to the organization, drive adoption of quality best practices, and propagate the quality mindset.
- Evaluate existing testing methodologies and suggest new ways to help the engineering organization to deliver high-quality software.
- Evaluate the application from the perspective of the customer.
- Design, develop, maintain, and extend automated quality mechanisms including performance, component, security, and user acceptance mechanisms.
- Monitor post-release metrics to identify and communicate defects.
- Strong analytical skills and an out-of-the-box, solution-based thinker.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to document and inform other stakeholders on quality mechanisms and overall potential impact to the customer.
- Expert knowledge of software verification methodologies and software life cycle.
- Experience implementing full-stack automated verification mechanisms.
- Experience testing the performance, scalability, and security of web-based, RESTful, and multi-tiered applications.
- Experience with continuous integration and rapid deployment environment.
- Practical experience with Java or C# and writing SQL.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools, Unix and Unix tools.