What We Need
A Software Development Engineer in Test to partner with the development and quality teams.
What You Will Do
- Be a quality-focused engineer who implements and evangelizes quality mechanisms, mindset, and thought leadership throughout Kareo’s software development lifecycle.
- Work closely with developers, stakeholders, and product managers to evaluate, analyze, and verify functional, security, and performance, and system requirements.
- Define test methods, strategies, and plans to ensure that the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements.
- Evaluate and communicate tradeoffs in quality mechanisms and overall potential impact to the customer.
- Actively participate in code and design reviews with developers and product management to identify risks, mitigations, and potential impacts to quality.
- Partner with the developers to ensure that development estimates are inclusive of quality mechanisms.
- Be a quality evangelist to quality thought leadership to the organization, drive adoption of quality best practices, and propagate the quality mindset.
- Evaluate existing testing methodologies and suggest new ways to help the engineering organization to deliver high-quality software.
- Evaluate the application from the perspective of the customer.
- Design, develop, maintain, and extend automated quality mechanisms including performance, component, security, and user acceptance mechanisms.
- Monitor post-release metrics to identify and communicate defects.
- Strong analytical skills and an out-of-the-box, solution-based thinker.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to document and inform other stakeholders on quality mechanisms and overall potential impact to the customer.
- Expert knowledge of software verification methodologies and software life cycle.
- Experience implementing full-stack automated verification mechanisms.
- Experience testing the performance, scalability, and security of web-based, RESTful, and multi-tiered applications.
- Experience with continuous integration and rapid deployment environment.
- Practical experience with Java or C# and writing SQL.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools, Unix and Unix tools.
- Be Passionately Driven: We take pride in our work, inspire others to excel, and are always curious to learn more. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of quality and integrity. We work with urgency because we love what we do.
- Dedicated to Customer Success: Helping our customers succeed is our number one goal and inspires every action we take. We want our customers’ practices, and their patients, to thrive. We are empathetic, solution-oriented, and aligned with their needs.
- Together We’re Better: We are honest, approachable, and collaborative. We believe great teams with members that are willing to do what it takes to get the job done can accomplish more. We put the team first and win together.
- Constant Innovation: We reject the status quo. We take a unique approach and make every effort to bring clarity to a needlessly complex industry. We are creative problem solvers. And we apply the same innovative thinking to our business and healthcare as a whole. We believe in making things better.