Overview of Position
This SDET position supports the development of Relay Health Exchange solution. This position was included in the funding for Medical Network – FY21 General Enhancements CAR approved on 3/23. It supports revenue opportunity through the development and maintenance of functional test frameworks that validate the integrity of our deployed solutions to customers. Upskilling this position to SDET from QE will accelerate automation development to support cost and time savings.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Participates in or conducts semi-routine technical analyses to design and implement test software (unit test/automation) for software applications or software test tools that achieve desired functionality for a few products / systems / software applications.
- Executes semi-routine software engineering / technical assignments that involve general analysis / programming / evaluation / white box testing. Analyze code changes to developing test strategy.
- Able to develop solutions that meet customer needs when provided clear business requirements and technical design guidelines from an architect or more senior engineer.
- Software developed or supported typically impacts some portions of products / projects / processes.
- Decisions and actions may influence the work of other team members and a few processes or a few customer outcomes.
- Develops or participates in the development of software engineering / technical solutions that meet established product specifications and functionality.
- Infrequently participates in software project estimates
- May support the selection of software engineering / technical design solutions for assigned products or aspects of assigned products.
- Solves or participates in the solution of assigned software engineering / technical problems using traditional engineering approaches.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Experience working in Agile environments.
- Hands on experience with Java, unit/regression/automation testing.
- Has academic to moderate experience in software programming,
- one or more technologies and/or one or more product lines.
- Supports resolving semi-routine tests / tools design / development and white box testing.
- Typically is assigned to debug and write test automation code for most aspects of a product /
- part or major sub-components. Analyze semi-routine code changes for developing test strategy.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Web Services/APIs
- Automated Integration Testing
- NoSQL, SQL databases
- Customer-focused software applications development
- White box testing.