$80K — $100K *
We are looking for a Software Engineer in Test with proven experience and automation testing skills to ensure quality and integrity of the security applications belonging to the Security Organization at Akamai. We are looking for a highly technical individual with clear ambition for the quality of software applications, experienced with software testing practices as well as with software writing abilities for creation of automated tests. The role will require collaboration with both local and remote development teams in an agile development environment.
About the Team
Our software underpins the Security BU and its portfolio of solutions that constitute Akamai’s Security Products. These include security monitoring, mitigating and reporting applications. These provide distributed protection from both DDoS and application specific web attacks with on-demand scalability. Akamai’s global footprint of over 200,000 servers provides an overlay network with scale and capacity to not just deliver the largest web events but also secure the largest Internet brands from attack. The team builds and extends Akamai’s highly fault-tolerant wide area distributed content delivery and application acceleration systems to improve performance, security, reliability and availability of high value web sites. Akamai powers over 85% of the top online retailers, with over $100 billion in annual revenue.
* Analyze application, specification and design documents to determine test scenarios.
* Design and build test environments to cover functional and performance test scenarios.
* Write test plans, test cases and test reports as needed.
* Develop and execute automated tests to ensure quality of the application under test.
* Manage defects through to resolution.
* Collaborate with other team members during the development process
* Work with product, project and development teams across multiple locations.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 2 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree or
* Relevant experience and a Master’s degree or PhD
* 2+ years’ experience programming automation tests in Java/Python or equivalent.
* 2+ years of software test and/or development engineering experience overall
* 1+ year with network protocols TCP/UDP/HTTP/GRE
* 1+ year of hands-on experience with UNIX/Linux Operating System
* 1+ year experience with shell scripting.
* Ability and agility to quickly learn new technologies
* Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills
* Experience with data-driven systems
* Experience with JIRA for bug tracking/project management.
* Experience with MySQL/Oracle/Cassandra databases.
* Experience with GIT.
* Familiarity with Jenkins.
Valid through: 9/1/2020