As an Software Development Engineer in Test I (SDET I), you will use your software development and software automation skills to enable our customer to drive personalization, recommendations and commerce for the physical world, in real-time. You will be responsible for owning our test suites, automating and improving our tools and processes, and empowering development teams to move faster, with higher confidence.
Who You Are:
- You believe in Murphy's Law and "see around corners" in order to catch potential issues before they go live.
- You are motivated by helping to build a product that is innovative and game changing.
- You like to work with a wide array of technology rather than specializing in one specific technology.
- You love big technical challenges.
- You truly care about the business impact of what you help build and release.
- You adapt well to change.
- You have a strong passion for quality.
- Improve the coverage and reliability of our automated test suites.
- Develop automated tests.
- Work in an agile environment (TDD, short release cycles).
- Troubleshoot scaling and deployment issues.
- Take part in regular creative brainstorming sessions to improve product quality.
- Teach, learn, and document.
What types of TE2 products & services might I be working on?
- Web based client content management tool
- Custom mobile applications
- Web services for content management
- Client messaging platform
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or relevant equivalent).
- 1+ years of professional software engineering in test experience.
- 1+ years professional experience with web automation technology and tools, including Selenium.
- Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python.
- Experience with REST web services.
- Strong problem-solving skills; adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
Nice to Have:
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package including discretionary annual bonus opportunity;
- 4-weeks of Paid Time Off for employees up to 3-years of tenure (higher accrual thereafter);
- 8-hours of paid Volunteer Time Off to give back to organizations and groups you feel most passionately about;
- Three different medical insurance plans to choose from, including an employer-contributed HSA;
- Employer-paid short & long-term disability and life insurance;
- Matching 401K;
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business for continued learning and career development.