Enterprise Quality is undergoing a huge transformation and we are looking to change the way we do testing. The Enterprise Quality Assurance team is architecting and designing the QA ecosystem for the Data, Analytics and SOA Platform.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will play a pivotal role to establish frameworks for automated testing, SOA, Service virtualization, Enterprise data and data quality assurance in addition to helping the organization move towards continuous testing practices.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Work in alignment and in parallel with the development team to help drive early automation (unit testing and integration testing) and create the DevOps delivery pipeline for the project/program
- Create and update automation plans (project and execution plans)
- Design, code and execute automation scripts; design automated regression suites
- Work with multiple vendors, IT leaders, and business teams to align automation priorities with IT strategies
- Conduct code reviews, defect resolution, and implement appropriate monitoring
- Write custom code to test code: UI and API level testing.
Tools and Technologies
Need to have:
- · Selenium
- · Java or Python programming
- · Junit or Nunit
- · Jenkins or similar technologies
- · Soap UI or similar technologies
- · Quality center or CA Agile Central (Rally) or Jira
Nice to have:
- · Hadoop
- · JMeter
- · Cucumber/Gherkin
- · Informatica
- · Delphix
- · Appscan
- · Checkmarx
- · SonarQube
- · Perfecto/Mobile Labs
- · Appium for Mobile Automation
- Experience in working in an Agile and DevOps delivery models
- Experience in developing and implementing End to End test strategies
- Experience in partnering with the development team to understand (Java or .Net) code to help design scripts at a unit level
- Ability to use Service virtualization testing tools
- Preferred diverse background in Digital/Mobile/Web testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take a proactive, problem-solving/trouble-shooting approach to identifying and solving problems
- BS in Computer Science or technical degree
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
What Else Can You Tell Me?
- The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications.