About This Role:
Do you excel in small companies with room to grow your skills and make a significant impact right away? We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test who can develop and execute the testing process for a diverse system, with an emphasis on software components.
The SDET role works within the software validation team to write and execute system verification plans to verify accurate and reliable product performance, and coordinating the verification plans with other team members to ensure continued software quality. This person has the ability to impact the quality of our core products!
We want a successful candidate who has:
- An Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or relevant experience in a related field
- Experience using and building test automation frameworks for both pure software and hardware-in-the-loop testing scenarios.
- Working knowledge of software development and test methodologies including unit testing, regression testing, TDD, and others.
- Experience developing automated tests and other applications using Python or similar high-level languages.
- An understanding of standard software methodologies and how they are applied to build better software
- Working knowledge of software build environments, build automation, source control, and continuous integration using tools such as GitLab
- Comfortable working in Linux systems on a daily basis.
- Comfort working with both hardware and software
- Good working knowledge of networking technologies
And will likely also have:
- Working knowledge of systems and/or embedded software development using C++ or Go
- Familiarity with web technologies such as PHP, JS, HTML, and CSS
- Experience with software supporting wireless networks and radio technologies
- Experience with agile software development
- Working knowledge of databases
About our Values
Successful Everactive employees routinely exhibit our three core values:
- Pioneering ideas: to revolutionize computing, we look for the best ideas without being constrained by existing approaches. This clean slate, first principles approach expands
- our creative scope and helps us lead development of the next generation IIoT with field-changing technology.
- Rigorous, honest thinking: we approach all of our endeavors with intellectual honesty and rigor. This honesty leads us to careful self-evaluation - identifying and admitting what we do not know – and to making hard decisions when we believe they are right.
- Live well, work well: we believe that there are many things in life that are more important than work and that a fulfilling life outside of work makes it easier to do excellent work when you are focusing on the work part of life. Likewise, working well makes life more
- One Team: We are a team of diverse individuals aligned by a common vision of the future of computing. We are strongest when we respect and embrace our differences. This requires that we share our thoughts, ask questions, and candidly provide feedback and encouragement to others. We are passionately committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, beliefs, identity, orientation, and life experiences that make us unique. Our diversity drives our greatest achievements.