Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data ? to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world ? to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By harnessing the power of hybrid cloud data services, customers gain the freedom of choice to securely manage and move data ? anywhere, on any cloud. Only NetApp can help organizations deliver data-rich customer experiences when they rapidly test and deploy new applications that easily use data and services regardless of where they reside or in what form.
We're looking for a Software Engineer in Test (SDET) with experience in modern cloud and container technologies and a background in automated testing to build out frameworks to join the Cloud Backup Service team her at Netapp. Ideally you will have worked on securing Docker, Kubernetes, or similar technologies on private and public cloud platforms. In this role you would
- Have a background in deploying and/or securing container-based systems such as Docker or Kubernetes on private and public clouds (OpenStack, AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Review features, user stories, acceptance criteria, design documents and bug descriptions and create test plans to ensure quality applications meet requirements of scalability, stress, negativity, usability, performance
- Create, document, maintain, extend and execute automated tests. The suite of tests will be developed within a framework that will allow for repeatability.
- Isolate, reproduce, troubleshoot, and resolve issues that surface during testing.
- Log and escalate bugs and issues as necessary.
- Actively participate in daily stand-up meetings, demos, retrospectives, grooming, sprint planning, release planning and other Agile meetings.
- Write system, installation, configuration and support documentation for tested applications.
- Actively engage in and lead the continuous improvement of Netapp's testing practice with a focus on speed, quality and innovation.
- Design, develop and maintain automated test scripts.
- Develop, improve and implement the automation solutions to be used across our technology stacks and lines of business.
- Share automation best practices and set high standards for the entire team to build consistent and maintainable tests and test automation frameworks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Proven abilities in the following disciplines: software test planning, test case writing, script development and documentation.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Familiarity with advanced concepts of computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices
- Follow standard engineering principles and practices
- Resourceful in applying creative ideas to solve problems
- Work independently with minimal management direction
- Successfully convey information to stakeholders at many levels related to the position.
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what's important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled