At its core, Addepar is a data company. We collect position, transaction and security information from over 100 custodial banks and market data providers. Bringing in and linking together all of these datasets is hard. It requires Addepar's Data Engineering team to build systems that are reliable and performant while flexible enough to respond to changing business requirements.
The Quality Engineering team is an integral part of the engineering organization and is challenged with ensuring functional accuracy, high-performance, scalability and reliability across Addepar's complex online system. We are hiring a team of software development engineers in test (SDET) that believe in increasing efficiency with test automation and tooling to help develop, test, debug and release software quickly.
As an SDET working with our Data Engineering team, you will be responsible to help ensure high-quality of our data stack and ensure continuity of our mission critical data pipeline process and workflows.
This is a great time to join our team, so If you are passionate about quality and love to write code, we would like to hear from you.
- Serve as “Domain Expert” on the Addepar data pipeline and client-facing workflows.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering, to create, automate and execute test plans, covering functional, performance, cust-workflow based load and, reliability testing.
- Integrate automation test suites with Jenkins - our continuous integration (CI) system.
- Collaborate with engineering and provide test support for weekly releases and production hotfixes.
- Provide a quality risk assessment of releases and hotfixes based on test gaps, outstanding issues & potential client impact.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years experience as a Software Developer and/or SDET, testing data ingestion pipelines to ensure functional/data accuracy, performance and scalability.
- Experience developing and/or testing products/applications with distributed system architectures using SQL and/or NoSQL.
- Proficient in test automation with Java and Python.
- Experience with open source or similar load testing frameworks: JMeter, Grinder, Gatling.
- Experience in the fintech industry is a strong plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $800 billion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.