Crestron Electronics has an exciting opportunity for a Software Development Engineer in Test to sit out of our corporate campus in Rockleigh, NJ 07647. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a fast growing organization. We are seeking a polished, proactive, and professional SDET to support our Software Development Group. In this role, you will design, write and automate test cases for testing software tools, perform troubleshooting and debugging of test failures. We will look for you to show case your problem solving skills and attention to detail to assure quality and stability in our software products prior to deployment.
- Architect and implement scalable tools, infrastructure, and test frameworks that help engineers develop, test, debug, and release.
- Partner with product owners and developers to identify areas for improved efficiencies
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plan and test cases.
- Execute test plan manually and automate test cases for regression testing.
- Create, maintain and update automation test scripts and device test setup.
- Evaluate system performance of software tools.
- Special projects as assigned
- BS in Computer Engineering, ElectricalEngineering or Computer Science
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Minimum 3 years of hands on experience in creating automation frameworks and tools.
- Able to design, write and automate test cases for testing software application.
- Working knowledge of C#, Java or C++.
- Minimum 2 years of scriptingexperience, preferably with PowerShell or Python.
- Knowledge of continuous integration tool- Jenkins or CruiseControl.
- Knowledge of UI automation tool.
- Unit test framework – NUnit, MSTest.
- Experience in IP and networking protocol.
- Able to multi-task effectively
- Methodical and detail-oriented
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently as well as within a team
- System level testing and Crestron knowledge preferred but not required
Job ID 2017-5043