Job ID 1081382
Category Information Technology
Position Purpose: Verify product quality by analyzing product and technical artifacts. Develop and execute manual and automated test cases and report results summarizing defects and resolutions.
- Develop and execute manual and automated tests using appropriate tools and requirements to report defects for specific product functions
- Review results of all tests and report anomalies into the defect tracking database
- Verify resolutions for all defects for an assigned project
- Enforce quality standards by identifying and recommending new procedures, standards and resolution of outages
- Develop new procedures and standards; suggesting improvements to existing standards; participating in internal and cross functional code and design reviews
- Protect assets by ensuring that all work is stored appropriately in the proper repository (Quality Center, Subversion) in compliance with department standards
- Complete projects by planning, organizing, and monitoring assignments
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information to include accurate data for project reporting as well as a weekly personal status report
Experience/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field. 2-3+ years of quality assurance life cycle experience. Experience testing enterprise-class system software packages, database testing and MS Windows. Experience with automation scripting and testing of health care software products preferred.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.