What You’ll Do:
- Able to work from design documents, stories and related requirements to develop and deliver software features and subsystems
- Strong Java & JVM knowledge, or equivalent .Net/C# knowledge and a strong desire to work in Java
- A passion for analysis & design, writing use-cases or user stories, diagramming class models, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, UI mockups, and other artifacts that help create great software
- Works with Software Architects on system architecture and interface development.
- Passion for test driven development, modular designs, and a commitment to delivering quality code
- Follows Company programming standards.
- Follows Company design methodology using UML when required.
- Prepares weekly goals, reports progress to line manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for
What We’re Looking For:
Relevant Experience: 6+ years software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or its equivalent.
- 3+ years experience with multi-tier programming in Windows or Linux environments using a major OOP programming language (such as Java, Visual C++, C#, with Java strongly preferred). 2+ years of Java experience.
- Experience with OOA/D methodologies;
- Database programming using SQL with SQL Server or MySQL
- Experience with an agile development methodology, preferably Scrum.
- Significant web service experience (XML / XSD / SOAP/ REST/ etc).
- Experience with Mysql (or SQL Server), transactions, indexing, replication, perf tuning is desired.
- Experience integrating to and deploying Enterprise Service Buses highly desired
- Experience with TCP/IP communications
- Familiar with Flex, Flash and HTML5 preferred
- Familiar with various web architectures, platforms, and frameworks
- Familiar with technologies such as: NodeJS, AngularJS, Docker, etc
- Must have strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written, communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates an extremely high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have strong communication skills, able to work independently and be team oriented.