Our purpose, to improve customers' lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we're creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
At Premera Blue Cross, we're creating a platform leveraging the latest innovations in NLP, machine learning, and conversational AI, bringing simplicity and humanity to healthcare and changing health insurance for good.
Are you a Software Development Engineer who loves innovating and creating new products? Are you excited about artificial intelligence technologies and conversational agents?
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to help us make the best virtual assistant in the healthcare industry.
As a core member of our engineering team, you will develop the software tools and technologies that accelerate our ability to learn and help customers. Working within an Agile framework, you'll leverage your experience in software development, web applications, APIs, cloud technologies, big data, and software testing to create innovative solutions to new problems.
What you'll do
- Software prototyping and construction – Design, Build, and Modify existing business-tier components, Web applications, and database objects using Microsoft platform technologies using .NET and Azure
- Create prototypes as needed to validate proposed solutions and seek feedback from stakeholders
- Advance understanding and experience following test-driven development and continuous integration practices
- Analysis and design – transform high-level design in to low-level design and implementation
- Work with team leads to properly define/clarify business requirements, development estimation, and work plan finalization
- Perform unit and integration testing on all developed code, creating and executing unit and integration tests within the development lifecycle
- Proactively benchmark application code to mitigate performance and scalability issues
- Support and troubleshooting – assist operations team with any environment issues during application deployment across development, test, and production environments
- Assist other teams with troubleshooting problems that may arise from applications or integration of various components
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or equivalent experience
- 5 years software development experience
- 1 year Python development experience
- Advanced experience in object oriented software design, programming, data structures, dependency injection, and multi-threading
- Experience with conversational AI or virtual assistance
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with "GIT" as source control and should understand the concepts around pull requests, branches, repositories
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with API and service based technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Azure (Azure SQL, Cosmos DB, Mongo DB)
- Advanced experience in agile development and DevOps practices
- Advanced experience organizing and planning development
- Experience in IoT solution is preferred
- Experience with REST API/ Web API creation, consumption, integration using Service Oriented Architecture, Microservices Architecture, and Data Streaming Architectures
- Experience with Microsoft Cognitive Analysis Services
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience in working with global enterprise applications
- Experience with unit test frameworks (Microsoft Unit Test Framework, MOQ)
- Experience with Apache Kafka is preferred
What we offer
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking