The Software Development Engineer is responsible for creating complex, critical and rewarding financial business applications used by high profile financial institutions. As a software application provider, the timeliness and success of your application development is paramount to the companies reputation and success. Software development is not a support function in our company --- it is our Business!
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Designs, codes, installs, runs, and maintains mainframe application software programs.
- Assists in design, coding, and installation of application enhancement projects.
- Analyzes specifications for application enhancements for compatibility with other systems and within operating guidelines.
- Analyzes dumps, debugs problems and applies fix procedures.
- Prepares documentation for use by computer operations, applications programming, and user personnel.
- Provides technical assistance and information.
- Assists with the training of application programming and user personnel in the use of the software and systems.
- Reviews new designs, enhancements and programs with supervisor and application programmers for operating efficiencies.
- Performs data conversions and data conversion analysis.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education in a related discipline is preferred.
Requires 3 -5 years programming and /or related experience.
- Mainframe skills including COBOL, CICS and VSAM, File Manager, Easytrieve.
- A superior knowledge of programming (i.e. program design, flowcharting, coding, testing, debugging, etc).
- Ability to solve problems that require extensive data gathering, investigation, review, and analysis to define the problem and then develop/implement solutions, which requires the use of complex analytical techniques and innovative thinking.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret complex business or technical subjects; must be able to discuss or explain this data with others, either internal or external to Sagent.
- A superior knowledge of how to document program design, coding, and maintenance.
- A superior understanding of how critical project completion is to client satisfaction.
- The ability to interact and communicate with external, as well as, internal clients for the purpose of data gathering and design initiation.
- Ability to resolve and follow up on software support issues.