$100K — $150K *
At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we are inventing the future of cloud computing with a team of builders who try new things and dream big. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. Ten years ago, we couldn't have imagined how far we would come. Now we're inventing for the next ten years and beyond. But it is still Day 1 for us, and we are looking for curious people to be part of our diverse teams of thinkers, testers, and builders.
As a member of AWS WWRO Segmentation and Planning, you will shape the direction of the AWS business as a whole. You will build greenfield solutions from the ground up while using native AWS services and frameworks. The right candidate will have a strong system delivery background, a well-rounded technical background, and demonstrated experience working on large scale projects. The candidate must be customer obsessed, have strong analytical and communication skills, enjoy working with native AWS services, and thrive on solving challenging business problems. The candidate should be comfortable working in an agile environment and collaborating with multiple teams. You will design and build scalable platforms that enable AWS to sell new products and services with the necessary speed to market.
The team shares a passion to deliver superior products for AWS, innovate using advanced technologies, and impact the AWS business in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who are comfortable with ambiguity, enjoy solving large scale business challenges, and enjoy working in a startup-like environment.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
• 7+ years of experience doing hands-on software development in Full Stack Web Application
• 5+ Experience in various software design methodologies such as Service Oriented Architecture, Micro Services Architecture, Domain-Driven Design, Multi-Layer Architecture, Cloud and Big Data Architecture, Object-Oriented Analysis, and Design.
• 5+ years of experience in design and development of data-driven, highly scalable web applications with single page web application in the distributed cloud computing environment
• 5+ Years of experience in Object-Oriented Programming and Design, Data Structure, Algorithms, Problem Solving, and Complexity Analysis
Master Degree in Computer Science or relevant technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for full-stack software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, monitoring, and operations.
• Experience in software design that includes object oriented design, API design, NoSQL programming.
• Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• Strong knowledge of one or more scriptinglanguage (Python, Perl)
• Experience building on AWS using AWS Lambda, S3, API Gateway, Kinesis, SNS, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch Service
• Experience using software version control tools (Git, Jenkins, Apache Subversion, Mercurial)
• Experience in setting up application monitoring solutions (ELK, CloudWatch, Kinesis Analytics, etc.)
• Excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications.
• Work well in teams, respecting ideas from teammates, business partners, and technical experts.
• Strong customer focus, ownership, and drive to get things done
• AWS certifications or other related professional technical certifications.
• Demonstrated experience in delivering software projects using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
• Experience in mentoring junior software engineers in all aspects of software development.
Valid through: 4/19/2021