As the Software Development Engineer, this role will report directly to the Software Development Manager. Responsibilities include writing server side code for Google Cloud Platform based applications, creating robust high-volume production applications, and developing prototypes quickly. This role will also help create innovative ways to tackle analytics such as geospatial problems, machine learning, and trending analysis.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Deliver software features with exceptional quality, meeting designated release plans and delivery commitments
- Develop applications and services across Zonar’s technology stack to deliver new features and support for Zonar’s products
- Work closely with other team member in guiding software architecture and technology decisions to emphasis quality, performance, usability, and sustainability, empowering the end goal of releasing a world-class user experience and business value to our customers
- Instrument Zonar code to achieve insight on business metrics, usage, and performance
- Follow software engineering best practices and provide technical mentorship to other members of the team
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- 3+ years of experience for software development
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Experience with Python (will be working in Python), Java, and ability to pick new languages quickly • Experience with database systems such as PostgreSQL, Cassandra
- RESTful API experiencerequired
- Experience with message queues such as RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Experience with Docker Containers, Kubernetes, and Microservice Frameworks is a plus
- Experience with Large Scale/ Big Data methods, such as MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive preferred
- Experience in designing and building large scale systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge with distributed and multi-threaded implementations a plus
- Ability to work well with others, motivate other team members, and thrive in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Able to set goals and achieve scheduled deadlines
- Passionate orientation and attention to customer satisfaction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.