Analyzes, develops, designs, and maintains software for the organization’s products and systems. Performs system integration of software and hardware to maintain throughput and program consistency. Develops, validates, and tests: structures and user documentation. Work may be reviewed for accuracy and overall adequacy. Follows established processes and directions
- Designs, develops, and tests on a variety of software assignments that constitute a portion of a larger project.
- Develops and tests documentation which describes the specific software functionality.
- Participates and provides some input in project code reviews.
- Runs software tests designed by more experienced engineers.
- Reviews test results and perform root cause analyses to identify problems.
- Provides recommendations and implements solutions to complex issues. Insures compliance with quality process and standards.
- Makes changes to or upgrades existing software. Enhances and improves existing technologies to apply to new solutions.
- Makes and implements recommendations to immediate team to enhance performance and improve productivity.
- Seeks out new tools to analyze and solve problems.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Receives general instructions on routine work, new projects or assignments.
- May provide guidance to non-exempt personnel.
- Builds productive working relationships internally and externally.
- Primary intra-organizational with occasional inter-organizational and external customer contacts on routine matters.
- U.S. Only:
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in an appropriate engineering discipline required.
- Work Experience (years): Bachelors degree and 2+ years or Masters degree with no experience