At Expedia, we are revolutionizing travel through the power of technology. We work in a fast paced environment to keep up with the constantly evolving travel landscape. The opportunities to inspire travel for the global customer are endless. Data AI and Platform & Systems (DAPS) organization is dedicated for building the data and finance platform of the future unlocking future capabilities to service the complex needs of our travel partners, customers and suppliers. Our mission is to power reliable, trustworthy and scalable data products, that fuel decision-making and give a competitive advantage to Expedia Group.
As a Software Development Engineer in Commerce Data and Finance Systems (CDFS) team within DAPS, you will be instrumental in building API first driven solutions that are flexible and scalable enough to meet the demands of our strategic growth across the finance landscape. Are you a creative Software Development Engineer ready to build APIs on Expedia Group's platform? Would you thrive in a high-energy atmosphere where we constantly evaluate new technology with a focus on automation and continuous delivery? Then come join our team and help us build the most expansive and versatile transaction platform in travel!
We are looking for you to design and build APIs, data streams, real-time processing, and data lake storage at scale. You will have the opportunity to push the boundaries of cloud data technologies, from Java, Scala, Spring Boot, Hadoop and Spark, Kafka and more. You will set the example as we build for the long-term, with an emphasis on design patterns, re-usability, and robust engineering practices including CI/CD. You will actively participate in software and architectural design and planning activities like agile program planning events and user story grooming.What you'll do:
Who you are:
- Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable micro-services that will process thousands of requests per second
- Having access to real-time data and exposure to optimize with machine learning, you will understand customers' needs before they do. Additionally, you will play a critical role in building world-class and platform enabled services
- You will tackle a wide range of complex software and system issues that will require a deep understanding of the application architecture, software engineering, and deployment infrastructure
- As part of our continuous learning culture, you will have the opportunity to participate in exciting company hackathons and various career building courses with co-workers of all levels of expertise
About Expedia Group
- This role is suited to an individual with good competence in Java Development and AWS infrastructure, using Agile methodology. You will work on technologies including Spark, Kafka, Flink, GraphQL, Qubole, DataDog, and Splunk
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of professional software development experience in Java
- Experience in creating RESTful services
- Working knowledge of Databases like MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Understanding of Unit testing Framework (JUnit)
- Experience on AWS (1-2 Years)
- Good communication skills with the ability to work across multiple departments
- Good to have - Knowledge of Streaming/Messaging applications preferably Kafka (1-2 years)
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.