Software Development Engineer II-Business Automation
This is a staff-level position geared to people who are accruing significant professional design & development experience as well as initiative and leadership capabilities.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain and augment software applications and services in operation at Lighthouse,
- Adhere to Lighthouse Engineering standards for the overall Software Development Lifecycle and in support of our daily processes around design review and code review,
- Developing competency and mastery of different languages and frameworks used at Lighthouse,
- Collaborate closely with peers and mentors to conceive and build high-quality products and services,
- Faithfully follow architectural and design direction and feedback from peers and mentors,
- Author and maintain effective unit tests,
- Perform manual integration testing and coordinate User Acceptance Testing activities,
- Provide the highest level of customer service to internal and external customers,
- Possess superior problem-solving and analytical skills,
- Communicate clearly and succinctly in writing and in person.
- To design significant/complex software components and communicate said design in an unambiguous way to fellow engineers for execution,
- To drive implementation efforts to completion from design through test automation,
- To mentor other engineers on techniques, languages, frameworks and ensure they can complete their job successfully, and
- To interact capably with management to provide the metrics and feedback they need to effect policy
What You’ll Need
- B.S. in Science/Engineering or equivalent experience/certification preferred
- 2-6years professional development includingexperienceor competencies in
- Database development, query optimization and handling large datasets in a technology like MS SQL, and
- The ability to communicate and lead the design & implementation of substantive software efforts
Typically this candidate will hold a bachelor's degree in one of the following areas: computer science, engineering, management information systems, software engineering, mathematics or a related business discipline. In many cases, they will have commensurate experience to this degree or otherwise demonstrate a high aptitude for the work. College internships with large computer and technology consulting firms can also be a good preparation for landing such a role.