The Amazon Search team is responsible for the worldwide customer facing search features on desktops, tablets, and mobile devices – everything from the moment a customer clicks into the search box to when they view search results.
As a software development engineer, you will work on end to end features of search autocomplete and spelling corrections. Autocomplete accounts for half of all Search traffic on Amazon; spelling correction touches all searches. We touch the lives of hundreds of millions of Amazon customers every day. Our systems help customers formulate better searches leading to higher converting experiences and enabling serendipitous discovery of products. You will apply your expertise to build and serve the state-of-the-art machine learning and deep learning models; you will build distributed services with high concurrency, low latency and massive scalability and you will improve how suggestions are rendered on customers' phones and computers. All your work has a direct and visible impact on shopping experiences of Amazon customers.
Joining this team, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), Earth's most customer-centric company one of the world's leading internet companies.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
· At least 3 years of professional experience working in a software development organization that builds large-scale distributed systems.
· At least 2 years of recent domain experience in any of the following: Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Data Mining, Search, ecommerce.
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, Scala, or Python.
· Master/PhD degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary to drive your projects to completion.
· Polished communication skills, with the ability to communicate with confidence, clarity, and focus.
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability.
· Experience with Amazon Web Services such as S3, EMR, Data pipeline, etc.
· Experience working with Lucene, Solr, or ElasticSearch.
· Experience working with web technologies such as React and React Native.
· Experience with Native apps development in iOS and Android.