$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Come build the future of Linux & Cloud Desktops at Amazon with the Amazon Linux WorkSpaces Team in AWS! If you are an experienced systems or software developer who is passionate about building the Amazon desktop of the future at the scale of AWS, then this is the job for you. The Amazon Linux WorkSpaces team is responsible for the design and maintenance of all of the desktop experience on Amazon Linux with a special focus on development environments.
Software Development Engineers work with technical leaders to refine technical direction, and then follow through with detailed analysis, designs, and superior code. They are equally comfortable leading small, focused project teams as well as making major direct contributions to the project. They deliver features with minimal direct oversight.
No Linux experience, no problem. We are looking for problem solvers that want to move quickly to deliver the best customer experience possible!
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
· Problem solving skills
· 4+ years professional experience in software development
· Possess sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases
· Be able to write quality code
· Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
· Previous experience developing distributed systems
· Experience with Debian / Ubuntu packaging
· Experience with RPM packaging
· Skilled in at least two of C, C++, shell, Python, Go, Java, or Ruby.
· A solid understanding of Linux networking.
· Experience working with the open source community.
· Knowledge of AWS infrastructure technologies
· Previous experience in ownership and scaling of web services
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation/Age
Valid Through: 2019-11-9