$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you. Amazon's transportation systems get millions of packages to customers worldwide faster and cheaper while providing world class customer experience – from checkout to shipment tracking to delivery. Our software systems include services that handle thousands or requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve experience for millions of online shoppers. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, delivery models and customer experience, increasingly complex transportation network, ever expanding selection of products and growing number of shipments worldwide, we have an opportunity to build software that scales the business, leads the industry through innovation and delights millions of customers worldwide.
As an SDE, you will develop a deep understanding of our business, work closely with development teams, and own the architecture and end-to-end delivery of software components.
Senior Engineers provide technical leadership at Amazon. They help establish technical standards and drive Amazon's overall technical architecture, engineering practices, and methodologies. They work on our hard problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs. They think globally when building systems, ensuring Amazon builds high performing, scalable systems that work well together. Senior engineers are pragmatic visionaries who can translate business needs into workable technology solutions. Their expertise is deep and broad. They are hands on, producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs.
· Completed Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 4+ years in software development using Java, C++, C#, Python, or related
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· 4+ years developing Web Services as well as designing and working with API contracts across the stack
· Fundamental experience working with a large, streaming data set
· Completed Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software features, and technical designs
· Experience building highly scalable and available services
· Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
Valid Through: 2019-11-5