Auto req ID: 5489BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is seeking a Software Developer with a background in high performance real time C++ for a critical and highly visible commercial project.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
C++ software development
High performance real time software development
- Given any algorithm, code it in the fastest way possible
- Refactoring slow code
- Optimizing higher level code by analyzing the compiler generated assembly code
- Profiling code and comparing code snippet alternatives using accurate micro profiling techniques
- The performance implications of a TLB miss, an L1/2/3 cache miss, locality, branch prediction, false sharing, smaller data, pipelines, SMP, memory barriers, lock free synchronization, etc.
- Memory models of windows and linux
- Threads -- especially lock free synchronization and data structures
- Choosing the proper data structure for maximum performance given the usage pattern of the data
- C++ templates -- especially template metaprogramming using variadac and recursive templates
- Real Time data analysis
- Machine Learning
- SQL, Linux, C#, and Java -- these are not the priority like C++
Other skills include:
- Ability to lead, coordinate and produce design, development, QA and maintenance of software products, initially under guidance from team members.
- Ability to plan, track, communicate and manage reviews of system requirements and business processes: design, code, test, debug and implement software applications
- Generates ideas to improve overall system design
- Focuses on delivering high quality/high performance code on time and to specifications
- Experience working in a large, fast-paced project environment preferred
- Strong work ethic is a must
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter needing minimal direction.
- Proactive, must be willing to seek out information and solutions that are pertinent to their responsibilities and key to their delivery
- Team player attitude with a focus on the success of the team is a MUST
Ability to proactively collaborate with other teams/team members (Enterprise Architecture, Business Analysts, Information Security, onshore/offshore vendors, other development teams) across global time zones with the upmost professionalism, tact and resolve)