PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Under close supervision, utilizes established procedures to perform routine software development tasks. Plans, designs, develops, and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of upper level software engineers and management, designs, develops, or modifies software for limited scope of a project by analyzing the software requirement documents and following the appropriate software development process.
- Limited use of software and hardware debugging and testing tools as needed.
- Documents software designs, implementation and testing
- Participates in code reviews and other related design reviews
- Works as a team member to provide constructive technical support to a project
- Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Builds stable working relationships internally.
- Learns to use professional concepts. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Normally receives specific, detailed instructions on all work.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and GRD policy requirements.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Desk Job/computers.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Java and/or C/C++ Assembly/other programming languages.
- Familiarity with Android and/or real time embedded operating systems or other operating systems and inter-processor communications and control.
- Familiarity with integrated development environments, software source control, and general software practices a plus.
- Familiarity with GUI programming and/or programming with embedded microprocessors.
- Familiarity with hardware debug using oscilloscope, logic analyzer and debuggers.
- Experience in graphics programming or Ethernet, TCP/IP communication is a plus.
- Highly motivated and energetic. Passion for creating high quality medical device software.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
Job ID 18000DCN