Do you love to travel? Are you passionate about delivering high-quality products to customers? Do you want to work in an exciting, technically sophisticated environment where you have significant revenue impact on a Fortune 1000 enterprise? If you answered “Yes” to these questions, we are eager to hear from you! The eCommerce Platform (eCP) Financial and Core Transactional Services team builds and manages the engine that makes Expedia go. We are responsible for the high throughput, low latency, transactional systems that power the purchasing experience, protect us from fraud, enable users to pay using the payment instruments and currencies of their choice, and perform the financial accounting for all Expedia transactions across the globe!
We are looking for an entry level or early career Software Development Engineer for our Tax Services Development Team, who will help us build products and services that improve our ability to deliver and operate our world-class travel eCommerce platform. In this role, you are committed to excellence. You will be our customers’ biggest advocate, partnering with the business to always do what’s best for our customers. You will build and improve your skills in designing and developing products that thrive in a distributed computing environment. You will have opportunities to learn and collaborate with other developers and use interesting technologies (RabbitMQ, MongoDB, SQL Server, Tomcat, Chef, Jenkins, Git, AWS).
- Design and implement powerful, highly scalable, and reliable products and services.
- Translate functional specifications into logical, component-based technical designs.
- Innovate and implement new ideas to solve complex software problems.
- Contribute to advancing the team’s software development practices.
- Find and advocate industry standards and best practices in development methodologies, techniques, and technologies.
- Partner closely with program management and engineering leaders to ensure an end-to-end approach for a quality deliverable.
- Collaborate with your team members to understand product vision and requirements; execute against plan to deliver high quality software on schedule.
- Anticipate and prevent problems and roadblocks, before they occur, and present technical issues and their impact to management and team members.
- Proactively identify and build effective solutions to complex technical problems.
- Actively participate in group technology reviews to critique work of self and others.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), and web service technologies
- Proficient with data structures, algorithms, and systems architecture
- Expertise in Java or C# or C++ and object oriented concepts
- Knowledge of performance and application testing
- General understanding of databases
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Work Experience and Education Guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computing related discipline - Master's in CS preferred
- Experience in Linux (or UNIX) preferred.
- Experience with cloud computing preferred.