Auto req ID: 5268BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
The opportunity to go further...
When you work at Travelport you can make a difference on a global scale. As a Software Development Engineer I you’ll be joining a team that’s responsible for delivering truly innovative software that impacts our many customers and travelers around the world.
As Software Development Engineer I at Travelport, you will help us evolve and advance our industry with a single-minded aim – to create a more connected, more efficient and more profitable world for our customers. With a 40+ year history of both predicting and driving new innovation, we’re delivering against the unmet needs of our customers and
the world’s travelers. In essence you will help us redefine travel commerce. In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Produce high quality code that meets specifications.
- Adhere to technical standards under broad supervision
- Design minor complexity components and implements them
- Perform problem/task isolation, analysis, research and resolution of moderate complexity with minimum assistance
- Assist in analysis and design of larger projects
- Follow established standards of application delivery
- Education/training or experience within field of concentration preferred
- Understands individual role and responsibility; learns work group's roles and responsibilities as they relate to BU and Travelport
- Provides operational and technical support on tasks
- Seeks coaching/mentoring from manager and other team members
- Assumes ownership and accountability for assigned work
- Experience: 0-2 years
- Has basic knowledge of job function principles, theories and concepts to complete assignments of limited/supervised scope
- Some experience in software development strongly preferred
- Experience in positions in Quality Assurance, project management, operations and other technical areas helpful
- 2 or 4 yeardegree in Computer Science, Mathematics or combination of experience and education preferred
- Able to successfully handle multiple assignments concurrently while adhering to specified technical methods and standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking ability
- Able to be adaptable and flexible as business needs change
- Able to quickly acquire necessary working knowledge on-the-job, through formal and informal/ self-directed training
- Familiar with SDLC and role specific processes.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint) plus Microsoft Project helpful
- Experience of Jira for Requirements
- Visio as applicable
Travelport provides distribution, technology, payment and other solutions to the global travel and tourism industry. In short, we enable the world to search, share, buy and sell travel. The Technology Team has a crucial role to play in this. We’re highly creative, collaborative and innovative people who work on complex problems, but the challenge is interesting and fun, and a solution is always achievable.
This is truly a chance to develop your career and your skills with a business that cares about its people and a culture where your voice will be heard.
Take the opportunity to go further...
Applicants for this position must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require Company sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Travelport is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Less than 1 year