At GoDaddy, we strive to make our customers successful by creating innovative solutions and managing those solutions to provide exceptional customer service. Our platforms utilize open source software, perform at a large scale, and push the limits of technology. Some examples include: petabytes of internet addressable storage, multi-thousands of content serving servers, multi-level caching tiers, configuration management, continuous deployment, and everything between.
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 71 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visitwww.GoDaddy.com.
We're looking for a passionate software engineer who has a keen understanding of high performance, scalable architectures and technologies. You will have an active role in developing new features for our latest hosting products using a variety of technologies. Your contribution will have a direct and visible contribution to GoDaddy’s growth in domestic and international markets.
You will be working on a collaborative agile team who embraces TDD, CI/CD, rapid, iterative development, and Open Source technologies. The right individual will be self-driven and someone who cares about maintainability of the code, automation, deployment processes and how to enable innovation. They will go beyond just development and help to shape the engineering culture and best practices here at GoDaddy.
- Coding, unit testing, and integration testing
- Debug complex issues found in production between multiple systems or services
- Design fault tolerant, redundant systems that are highly available
- Leverage modern best practices such as Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration to deliver early and often
- Participate in and help lead various agile ceremony meetings (Sprint Planning, Stand-up, Pair-Programming, Code Reviews, Retrospective, etc.)
- Coach other members of the team on technology and best practices
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience
- Expertise in multiple modern programming languages across multiple platforms and systems (Java, Python, PHP, C#, Ruby, etc.)
- Comfortable with full development stack (e.g. UX, Web, API, Business Logic, database).
- Expert knowledge in Scrum and/or other agile development methodologies
- Experience in a mixed operating system environment (Windows, Linux)
- Lifelong learner, always willing to accept new opportunities and always curious to gain new skills.
Job ID R001162