Amazon GameLift is an AWS service for deploying, operating, and scaling session-based multiplayer game servers in the cloud. Our team helps games easily scale up from a small number of players to millions, in just minutes.
We are looking for pioneers who can imagine and deliver world-class technology for tomorrow’s most celebrated games. Our team consists of innovators, experts and veterans. If you are excited about the opportunity to invent and build with the entire sandbox of Amazon’s ecosystem, including AWS and Twitch, come talk to us.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to help design, implement and operate large scale game services on a fast schedule. In addition to being a strong coder in Java, this software engineer is expected to help bring up the code quality across the team by actively contributing to and improving design reviews, code reviews and the development process. If you have these traits and are excited about making a big impact in the game industry, we're looking for you!
Key responsibilities include:
· writing quality, reusable code for a highly scalable and reliable cloud based gaming service
· working closely with product and development management to architect the service
· being a champion for operational excellence by Insisting on the Highest Standards
· writing code that continuously improves service reliability and availability
· having fun working on ground breaking technology with people just as passionate about their work as you!
· 3+ years of relevant work experience, including designing and implementing services
· strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving, and object-oriented analysis and design
· proficiency in at least one of the following: Java, C, C++, C#
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years of professional experience in software development/engineering
· experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· experience crafting unit, integration, functional and regression tests
· experience developing in a Linux environment
· experience applying service-oriented architecture techniques to production use cases
· hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Master's Degree/PhD in Computer Science or related field
Job ID: 662629