Software Development Engineer - Front End
Maana is looking for Front-End Engineers excited to drive the development of our growing platform. You will join a team of Software Development Engineers tackling a wide variety of design challenges in an effort to build a reliable, scalable, and performant platform.
As a Front-End Engineer you will be responsible for transforming and exposing the features of the platform into an intuitive, smooth, and beautiful looking user interface. We build our user interfaces using the latest front-end technologies such as React, Material-UI, and Apollo client. We are always searching for new and powerful APIs and libraries that can be leveraged to extend and enhance our platform.
You will be involved in developing user interfaces for a wide variety of tasks centered around handling large amounts of data, including modelling and visualizing the data; filtering, searching, and exploring the data; and adding and manipulating the data. The platform is composed of many microservices, primarily written in NodeJS, interacting with each other through GraphQL. In addition to front-end work, there will be many opportunities to implement, scale, and improve these microservices.
A major part of this effort is to Maana is looking for creative, enthusiastic, think-outside-the-box engineers. If working in a fun, fast-paced environment such as this sounds exciting, please read on!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design and implement UI and microservice features following development conventions and best practices
- Create comprehensive unit tests
- Identify and fix issues within the UI/platform
- Create user and technical documentation
- Work with lead engineers and QA to ensure features integrate with other UI/platform components
- Research new technologies, patterns, and programming techniques and leverage them within the platform
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant Engineering discipline
- 3+ years professional software development experience (Front-end preferred)
- Proficiency with Git
- In-depth experience with test frameworks and methodologies, such as Jest and BDD
- Ability to turn high-level business requirements into scoped work, prioritized appropriately
- Experience in highly available, scalable, and secure systems
- Think outside the box to create amazing, intuitive, thoughtful user interfaces
- Likes to push boundaries and try new approaches to problems
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Work experience with GraphQL
- Work experience with NodeJS
- Familiarity with micro-services architecture and best practices
- Open Source project experience. If you do, please include a link to your profile!